CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

13.1 miles of road less traveled

I woke up this morning to the thought of "Man....last week at this time I was getting ready to do the 1/2 marathon. I'm crazy!!!" lol

As I look back on last Sunday it really was a challenge. As we waited to start, I said a few prayers to myself asking that God give me the strength and the will to cross the finish line. I really had no clue how this day would go. I knew in my mind that the will was there to finish, I so badly wanted to show people I could do it. A few more prayers were said along the way as I felt my strength fading and my pain increasing. While it was not easy, I am happy to report that I did do all 13.1 miles. We started in downtown Phoenix and ended up in Tempe. Crossing the finish line was a very happy moment in my life. I think this is by far one of the greatest challenges I've faced and conquered. So far that is...

Call me crazy, but I have another one in mind to do this September. I am hoping that now I have one under my belt, the second will be much easier, especially if I properly prepare for it.

As for my life....Life is...well...as usual...Busy! I'm working, working, working and saving, saving, saving, hoping to buy a house in the near future. Hopefully God's plans are in line with mine on that one too. Until then, I am content where I am.

Heres to another week!

1 comments:

Lindsay & Nick said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I couldn't do that! Good for you!

In other news, check out houses in queen creek and maricopa. We've been looking a bit and I've found some pretty nice ones for UNDER $100,000. I actaully found one I REALLY liked for $84,000. I did some research and the morgage payment would be under $400 a month! I can't imagine! Anyway, if you're cool with being a little closer to Phoenix, it might be worth it! (and yeah, I know both are kinda BFE, but hey, good prices could make it worth it!)