One of the things that brings me a lot of happiness in life is seeing my friends happy. Or just seeing my friends - period. The way our lives have gone, this has proven to be a very difficult feat at times so this past week was a lot of fun.
A friend from Georgia flew into town for a few days. It had been a year since I saw her, but about 4 years since the group of us had all been in the same place at the same time. Needless to say - it was about time that we all ended up in the same area!!
We had a baby shower for our best girl Ginger and it was nice. It is so good to see her happy and getting "motherly." It gave me the warm fuzzies. :o) That and the fact that we were together again to help celebrate the next happy occasion in our lives made me feel truly blessed. I can see that we have all matured so much in our own lives because of the stuff we've dealt with individually and I think we are all better friends for each other because of it. We've learned that no one is perfect and life is rough but thats what friends are for and thats when we should rely on them the most. Thats what I've learned anyway.
I am excited for this baby to arrive - I feel like I will get to be an aunt again!
Of course our time together came to an end, and unfortunately I was sick (and still am) for most of it, but it was still fun!
A Place To Call Home
9 years ago

1 comments:
aw... you made me cry!! haha...
thanks so much for celebrating with me... i miss everyone already... i feel so whole when all 4 of us are together! you guys are all i will ever need :)
Post a Comment