Do you ever sit back and wonder what the plan is for your life? Or, maybe your life has been zooming by at lightning speed and all of a sudden you look back and think..."What am I doing? What are my goals again? Why have I not done X, Y or Z?"
I feel like sometimes my life is just speeding past due to my crazy schedule through the week. A lot of times I'm just trying to stay on top of my school duties, that I'm more "living in the moment" rather than focused on the future. If anyone knows me, they know this is NOT how I like to go about things. I like to have a plan. A very distinct plan, knowing where I'm going, when I will get there, who will be there, etc.
I heard this song on the radio the other day and I immediately related to it, so much that it is a little scary. The part in bold is what sticks out most to me. I sometimes feel like what I am doing is not enough compared to what others are doing for God, for their faith, for their church, etc. At 20, I definitely did think that I had it all figured out, that somehow everything would magically happen in my life and be put together like a puzzle, all the pieces would fit perfectly.
But as the song says, I have a couple dents in my fender (due to my bumpy road in the past), a couple rips in my jeans, and I'm trying to put the puzzle pieces together. Perfection is definitely my enemy. I have to remember that I cannot do it all on my own, I need to trust a little more in God. Call me crazy, but I now have trust issues in my life due to my past and it bothers me that I have trouble trusting that God will take care of my life. It is truly a big struggle for me to let go of my plans and trust God. This song helps put things in perspective though. Its a good one. :o)
Album: My Paper Heart
Artist: Francesca Battistelli
At twenty years of age I'm still looking for a dream
A war's already waged for my destiny
But You've already won the battle
And You've got great plans for me
Though I can’t always see
(Chorus)
‘Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me
When I was just a girl I thought I had it figured out
My life would turn out right, and I'd make it here somehow
But things don't always come that easy
And sometimes I would doubt
(Chorus)
And you’re free to be you
Sometimes I believe that I can do anything
Yet other times I think I've got nothing good to bring
But You look at my heart and You tell me
That I've got all You seek
And it’s easy to believe
Even though
(Chorus)
A Place To Call Home
9 years ago

1 comments:
Melissa,I love and miss you! :)
We think a lot alike..I just added this song to my myspace profile this morning. I have been hearing it on Air1 for a few weeks now and LOVE it! So it was sweet when I got on my blog and seen that you had a new update. As soon as I read the title,I knew what you were talking about!
I think that you are doing exactly what God wants you to do in your life right now.. :)
Post a Comment